Phone: (507) 825-1185
Fax: (507) 825-6782
In 1997 the Pipestone Soil & Water Conservation District made an agreement with the Pipestone County Board of Commissioners to form the Pipestone County Conservation & Zoning Office. With the two local governmental entities joining forces, we are now able to provide landowners, producers, and residents with a one-stop-shop approach and are able to assist with all aspects of land use from compliance with federal, state, and local rules to conservation and environmental programs at the local level. Our office's goal is to assist landowners by helping them manage and protect land and water resources on all private lands.
Assistance Provided to Residents:
- Promote and facilitate State and Federal conservation programs such as waterways, sediment basins, feedlots and stream bank erosion;
- Develop programs to protect and improve water quality, soil productivity, and wildlife habitat;
- Assist feedlot owners with permitting and environmental compliance;
- Tree planting and native grass seeding programs;
- Land use development through Planning and Zoning;
- Provide broad base data with a Geographic Information System;
- Restore and protect wetlands;
- Manage a Solid Waste, Recycling, and Hazardous Waste disposal program;
- Provide technical oversight and financing options for septic systems;
- Reach out to communities and schools to teach the value of natural resources and encourage conservation efforts.
Single Stream Recycling is off to a good start. Check out our Recycling Page for more information. Pipestone County Recycling
Building Permits Required!
As spring construction begins we want to remind all County residents outside of city limits that Building Permits are Required to be obtained from our office prior to construction. If the appropriate permits are not obtained it could end up costing you double the fee. More information can be found on our Zoning Page: Pipestone County Zoning
Note: City Residents are to contact their City office, The County does not have Jurisdiction within City Limits.
119 2nd Avenue SW Suite #13
Pipestone, MN 56164
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Household Hazardous Waste Facility Location
718 4th Street N.W.
Pipestone, MN 56164
Hours: Wednesdays 7am to 3pm Phone: (507) 825-1186