- Applications for a Permit to Carry a pistol are available at the Pipestone County Sheriff's Office Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. Or at the link below.
- Proof of attending certification training is needed, along with a photo ID.
- The cost of a Permit to Carry is $100.00 payable at the time of application.
- The cost or a renewal is $10.00 payable at the time of renewal application.
- Permits are valid for five years.
- For questions call 507-825-1106
Since 2005 the Pipestone County Sheriff’s Office has offered a free permit to carry course to the citizens of Pipestone County.
We currently offer a Minnesota BCA approved Pistol Familiarization and MN Permit to carry course that teaches the fundamentals of all pistol actions including AR-15 pistols, safe handling, safe storage, weapon cleaning, and legal reviews instructed by our knowledgeable and experienced law enforcement firearms instructors and armorers. This course is not a beginner’s firearms course and attendees should already possess the basic safety knowledge of their firearm and the ability to safely operate their firearm.
We hold multiple classes throughout the year and keep a running list of individuals who wish to attend our class. When we have approximately 10-15 people on the list we send out notifications by mail or email to those on the list and hold a class. If you are on our class list and cannot attend please let us know and we can move you over to the next class list.
If you are a resident of Pipestone County and wish to be placed on our class list please click the link below to register or contact PCSO Office Support Specialist Diane Bucher at 507-825-1106. If you have any questions please contact Diane.
You must be a residence of Pipestone County to attend.
Link to MN Permit to Carry Class Sign Up.